Better = Bigger
A Better Exhibiting Experience. A Bigger Return on Investment.
SuperZoo is already North America’s leading show for retailers of all kinds and each year we aim to be even better than before—offering our 11,000+ attendees access to all the people, products and knowledge they need to better their business. To do that, we also work hard to ensure we attract a wide range of exhibitors—that means YOU—looking to showcase products and services to an eager audience of highly qualified buyers and decision makers.
We’ve compiled a helpful step-by-step guide to ensure you achieve your exhibiting goals. It’s our way of supporting your efforts and presenting a show that’s better than ever. Follow these steps and you’ll see why You + SuperZoo = Better Together.
Step 1: Reserve your space and secure an optimal location for your audience
Convinced that SuperZoo is the perfect trade show for you? Great! The first steps are simple:
- Review the floor plan: With tailored neighborhoods designed to give exhibitors targeted access to key audiences—while also benefiting from walk-through traffic from across the industry—it’s important to understand the full scope of opportunities available to you.
- Pick a few locations that suit your audience: Show management will do its best to assign you a space that suits your preferences. Still unsure? The New Exhibitor Road neighborhood, with its 8×8 booths, is a great place for first-time exhibitors to reach a full audience of buyers seeking new products. Secure your 8×8 booth as a WPA member for $1,728.00 at a corner location and $1,664.00 for inline. For non-members a corner booth is $2,04.00 and in line is $1,984.00.
- Submit a contract: Once you’ve selected a few options that are right for you, submit a contract with your top three booth locations.
Step 2: Spread the word!
Sing loud and proud. Shout from the rooftops. Solicit all the grassroots PR you can find. Successful exhibitors know that a positive onsite experience relies not just on what your booth looks like onsite, but what you do beforehand to promote your presence to North America’s largest pet retail audience.
- Prepare and distribute a captivating press release: Check out our helpful media toolkit for expert tips to build media buzz.
- Promote yourself onsite: Secure a spot with your name and booth number in the show daily, pocket guide, mobile app and online digital booth.
- Utilize all the excellent resources SuperZoo has to offer: Our Partners in Promotion page provides helpful downloads and templates for you to easily and conveniently promote your participation in this year’s event.
- Outshine the competition with a sponsorship: Boost your exposure with a sponsorship opportunity or customize the promotion that’s right for you.
Step 3: Consider all the following key logistics to ensure a smooth onsite experience
Consider this your ultimate pre-show checklist:
- Register before the show: Exhibitor badges will not be mailed; you must register your staff online. Exhibitors pick up their badges during move-in and skip the long lines on the day of the event. You will receive a registration confirmation via email with a barcode that will allow your badges to be printed onsite.
- Plan travel early to ensure the best price on flights and hotels: SuperZoo offers discounts and travel information to make budgeting and trip planning a breeze.
- Budget methodically: Create a budget worksheet to use as a task-management checklist.
- Learn the rules: Visit our Service Kit page for full details on booth rules, order forms and many more helpful resources.
Step 4: Know what comes with your booth—and what does not
Knowing in advance what to expect prevents onsite confusion and helps you have a successful experience.
- One 10×10 booth includes: ID sign (11×17), 8-foot draped backwall and 3-foot side curtains (no drapes on island booths)
- No canopies or awnings are permitted. Hanging banners and signs are only allowed on island booths 20×20 and larger.
- Carpet or flooring must be used in your booth: Order carpet, electricity, tables and more in advance to save on cost and stress—all can be ordered through the GES Service Kit.
Step 5: Plan to ship your items to Mandalay Bay so they’re at your booth when you arrive
Drayage—the handling of exhibit materials from the dock at the show location to the booth within the exhibit hall—can be confusing to trade show novices. Here’s the scoop on how it works at SuperZoo:
- Exhibitors pay a fee, based on weight and number of packages, to have materials received and relocated to your booth. SuperZoo booths include a 300-pound drayage credit.
- No wheels allowed: You may hand carry your material through the front or hand-carry door.
- Consider cartload service: In many cases, this is the most appropriate, easiest and most affordable way to move smaller shipments.
Step 6: Know your stuff onsite
You’ve made it to the show! Now it’s time to ensure success onsite.
- Keep track of show hours by reviewing the schedule in advance.
- We’ll say it again—make sure you register your team in advance!
- All booths must be set up by the Monday evening before the show floor opens.
- Your booth must be staffed at all times during show hours.
- Parking is $10 onsite at Mandalay Bay—regardless of whether you are a hotel guest or Nevada resident.
- Early dismantling of your booth violates show rules. More importantly, it detracts from the professionalism of the event. Early dismantling will result in a $1,000 fine.
Step 7: Network, network, network!
While your booth will attract interested buyers, it’s the relationships you build that will draw repeat business. Take advantage of the following opportunities to meet and mingle with your target audience:
- Networking Reception: Join your fellow exhibitors and attendees for conversation in a casual setting.
- SuperZoo Concert: Make sure you save time for SuperZoo’s most popular social event—a rocking concert with a top-name recording artist.
- Meet One-on-one: Pull up a seat and take advantage of onsite lounges to solidify a new customer relationship or develop an existing one.
Step 8: Celebrate your success in 2017 and save the date for 2018!