Exhibitor Success Tips
Get Your Brand in Front of Even More Pet Professionals Looking to Buy and Maximize Your ROI.
Whether you’re a newcomer or veteran, exhibiting at SuperZoo has the power to improve your sales by leaps and bounds—which means you probably want to brush up on ways to make the most of your experience and optimize your on-site presence. Smart move. With more than 9,500 attendees converging on the show each year to source the products and education they need to elevate their businesses, it’s the most-attended pet retail trade event in the North America. In other words: a total game-changer for your brand.
Simply follow the step-by-step guide below to start planning your show.
Watch these Helpful webinars from past shows:
Step 1: Reserve your space and secure an optimal location for your audience
Convinced that SuperZoo is the perfect trade show for you? Great! The first steps are simple:
- Review the floor plan: With tailored neighborhoods designed to give exhibitors targeted access to key audiences—while also benefiting from walk-through traffic from across the industry—it’s important to understand the full scope of opportunities available to you.
- Submit a contract: Once you’ve selected a few options that are right for you, submit a contract with your top three booth locations.
Step 2: Spread the word!
Sing loud and proud. Shout from the rooftops. Solicit all the grassroots PR you can find. Successful exhibitors know that a positive onsite experience relies not just on what your booth looks like onsite, but what you do beforehand to promote your presence to North America’s largest pet retail audience.
- Prepare and distribute a captivating press release.
- Promote yourself onsite: Secure a spot with your name and booth number in the show daily, pocket guide, mobile app and online digital booth.
- Outshine the competition with a sponsorship: Boost your exposure with a sponsorship opportunity or customize the promotion that’s right for you.
- Utilize all the excellent resources SuperZoo has to offer
- Share on your social media you are attending SuperZoo and feel free to utilize one of the designs below.
Step 3: Consider all the following key logistics to ensure a smooth onsite experience
Consider this your ultimate pre-show checklist:
- Register before the show: Exhibitor badges will not be mailed; you must register your staff online. Exhibitors pick up their badges during move-in and skip the long lines on the day of the event. You will receive a registration confirmation via email with a barcode that will allow your badges to be printed onsite.
- Plan travel early to ensure the best price on flights and hotels: SuperZoo offers discounts and travel information to make budgeting and trip planning a breeze.
- Budget methodically: Create a budget worksheet to use as a task-management checklist.
- Learn the rules: Visit our Service Kit page for full details on booth rules, order forms and many more helpful resources.
Step 4: Know what comes with your booth—and what does not
Knowing in advance what to expect prevents onsite confusion and helps you have a successful experience.
- One 10×10 booth includes: ID sign (11×17), 8-foot draped backwall and 3-foot side curtains (no drapes on island booths)
- No canopies or awnings are permitted. Hanging banners and signs are only allowed on island booths 20×20 and larger.
- Carpet or flooring must be used in your booth: Order carpet, tables and more in advance to save on cost and stress—all can be ordered through the GES Service Kit.
- Electricity, internet, telecommunications, plumbing, booth cleaning and food/beverage can be ordered from the Mandalay Bay Service Kit.
Step 5: Plan to ship your items to Mandalay Bay so they’re at your booth when you arrive
Drayage—the handling of exhibit materials from the dock at the show location to the booth within the exhibit hall—can be confusing to trade show novices. Here’s the scoop on how it works at SuperZoo:
- Exhibitors pay a fee, based on weight and number of packages, to have materials received and relocated to your booth. SuperZoo booths include a 300-pound drayage credit.
- No wheels allowed: You may hand carry your material through the front or hand-carry door.
- Consider cartload service: In many cases, this is the most appropriate, easiest and most affordable way to move smaller shipments.
Step 6: Know your stuff onsite
You’ve made it to the show! Now it’s time to ensure success onsite.
- Keep track of show hours by reviewing the schedule in advance.
- We’ll say it again—make sure you register your team in advance!
- All booths must be set up by the Monday evening before the show floor opens.
- Your booth must be staffed at all times during show hours.
- Early dismantling of your booth violates show rules. More importantly, it detracts from the professionalism of the event. Early dismantling will result in a $1,000 fine.
Step 7: Network, network, network!
While your booth will attract interested buyers, it’s the relationships you build that will draw repeat business. Take advantage of the following opportunities to meet and mingle with your target audience:
- Mandalay Bay Networking Party: Join your fellow exhibitors and attendees on Wednesday, from 7pm to 10pm for conversation in a casual setting.
- Meet One-on-one: Pull up a seat and take advantage of onsite lounges to solidify a new customer relationship or develop an existing one.
Step 8: Celebrate your success and save the date for 2023!
And here’s one last tip—submit your 2023 contract before you leave SuperZoo 2022 for your best choice of booth space.
Step 9: Create your Digital Space on WPA365
Don’t forget to update or create your digital booth on WPA365. For more information visit here.