Creative Dog & Cat Styling
3:15 pm: Check-in and Prop Set-up at the Stage
3:30 pm: Pre-Judging
3:45 pm: Presentations start
4:15 pm: Awards
Entry Level: anyone that has not placed 1st or 2nd in any live Creative Contest.
Open Division: open to all competitors
- This is a Pre-Groomed contest.
- The Creative Styling Contest is an exhibition of colorfully staged, uniquely presented, and exquisitely groomed dogs and cats using props and music for the presentation.
- Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat can be used.
- Electrical will not be available in the contest ring. Electric will be available in the spa/bathing area.
- The spa will open starting Sunday, August 15 at 5pm and will be on a first-come, first-served basis. The spa will be reserved for exclusive use for all Creative Styling competitors on Tuesday, August 17 from 12pm-3pm.
- Competitors are permitted a designated 5’x5’ space for prop set up. Exhibits exceeding 5’x5’ will be disqualified.
- The contest stage will open on Tuesday, August 17 at 3:15pm for prop set up.
- All entries in this class must be completely groomed and finished before contest presentations starts at 3:45pm.
- All products used must be safe and non-toxic to the pet and stylist; Glue must be water-soluble.
- Placement of large and/or heavy objects on the pet is prohibited.
- A complete list of products used must be noted in the designated field when you register for the contest.
- Competitors must title their designs.
- If desired, music may be used during the presentation. Music used for presentation is the sole responsibility of the competitor.
- DVD presentations are not permitted.
- Maximum of 2 minutes is permitted for presentation
Winners will be determined by:
- Originality and creativity of the design and theme
- Quality of styling techniques
- Sharpness and precision of clipper lines
- Sharpness and/or blending of color
- Quality of scissor finish
- Quality and harmony of props and decorations in the final presentation
|Division||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
Owner, Adriane's Groom & Go Mobile Grooming
Owner, Pawsitively Purrfect Inc