Letting Your Grooming Skills Shine?
2023 Grooming Contest Info
Contest registration deadline is July 26, 2023. No refunds will be issued after this date.
Special note: Electric will NOT be provided in the contest ring. You must supply your own cordless clippers where applicable.
Rules and Regulations for Our 4 Legged Friends
While we are here to celebrate our 4-legged friends, please remember to respect our show, the Convention Center, and the people around us by keeping the following rules in mind:
- Dogs should only be on convention center property if they are being used for competitions, in-booth demos, or by a speaker for demonstrations.
- Providers of dogs must register for the event and wear a badge for admittance onto the Trade Show Floor. No one is allowed in the Exhibit Hall without a badge.
- Dogs may not be walked around the convention center for any purpose other than to be taken to the potty area, back to the holding area, spa, booth, to a contest, or demo.
- The WPA Animal Safety and Handling Standards will be strictly enforced at all times during the event.
- Spa & bathing area will open on Monday, August 14 at 5:00 pm. We will have bathing time sign-up sheets so you may reserve a tub. It will be open 24 hours a day with the following exceptions listed below:
Wednesday, August 16: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Spa is reserved for Creative Styling competitors.
Friday, August 18: 3:00 pm – The Spa will close
- You must stay within the dog bathing area! You will not be allowed to wander onto the trade show floor until it is open.
- Grooming tables (electric or folding type) with arms, electrical, shampoo, conditioner, bathing tubs, and dryers will be supplied.
- Competitors must provide a grooming loop and their own towels.
- Please bring only one dog at a time for bathing and drying.
- Personal tables or cages are not allowed in the bathing area; there simply is not enough space.
- Electrical problems can occur, but class start times will be as scheduled. Plan your prep time so that you have an alternate plan to bathe and dry your dogs should there be downtime in the prep facility.
- Please be considerate of others who are waiting. Bathe your dog as quickly as possible, and then move to one of the prepping tables while waiting for conditioners, etc. to work.
- Spa facility users must clean up after themselves! Vacuum or gather up and dispose of all hair when finished and sanitize the tables with Clorox wipes that will be available in the Spa.
24 Hour Dog Holding Area / Day Use Holding Area
- A dog holding area will be behind the grooming stage in Exhibit Hall B, next to the bathing spa.
- It will open starting Monday, August 14 at 5:00 pm and will close on Friday, August 18 at 3:00 pm.
- You will be responsible for the care of all dogs you bring; exercising, feeding, watering, and cleaning up after your dog. For each dog, you will need to provide a crate (no soft-sided or fabric crates allowed), dishes, and food.
- All dogs must be left in hard crates and you will be asked to sign a release when leaving your dogs.
- This area will be manned 24 hours a day but you are responsible to exercise and care for your dogs
- You will need one set of forms per dog. We will have extra Holding Room forms available onsite.
- To view, download, and print all required forms prior to your arrival, click the link below
Dog Drop Off Instructions – TBA
Dog Potty Area
A dedicated Dog Potty Area will be located outside the back of Hall B. Please refer to the map. Please be sure to clean up after your dog!
Dog Exercise Area
A dedicated Dog Exercise Area will be located near the spa and grooming stage. This area will be accessible 24 hours a day.
Checklist for Traveling with Dog(s):
- Crate for each dog
- Plastic sheet to go under the dog crate in your hotel room
- Grooming loop
- Grooming tools that have been sharpened
- Plastic bags (for food, dirty towels)
- Poop bags
- Water bowl
- Food bowl
- Dog blanket
- Towels for drying dog
- Paper towels for cleanup
- Collar and leash
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Grooming smock
- If a dog is borrowed or rented, emergency phone number of dog owner
- Disinfectant wipes
- Current vaccination info for dog(s)
- Take before/after photos of your hotel room