Wire Coats (Handstripping)
7:30 am: Check-in
7:45 am: Pre-Judging
8:00 am: Contest Starts
10:15 am: Contest Ends / Final Judging
10:45 am: Awards
Special note: Electric will NOT be provided in the contest ring. You must supply your own cordless clippers where applicable.
Contest Time Limit:
See below chart
Acceptable Breeds: Pure breeds with wire coat types that are hand stripped. (See specific breed list below)
|Mini Wire Dachshund||1:45|
|Std. Wire Dachshund||2:00|
|West Highland White Terrier||2:00|
|Wire Fox Terrier||2:00|
Acceptable Styling: Must be groomed to breed profile as presented in the conformation show ring. It is the responsibility of the show promoter and /or their designated judges to determine adequate coat growth.
• All styling must take place during the time frame of the competition except where noted below.
• All dogs must be groomed according to breed standard.
• All dogs may have sanitary and pads shaved prior to class start.
• All dogs may have nails trimmed and ears cleaned prior to class start.
• Finishing sprays are permissible in order to tidy up after the competition time frame ends however, re-shaping with water or product application is prohibited.
• Chalk products are permissible prior to and during the competition time frame but are prohibited after time is called.
• Wire Coats must be hand stripped. Clippers are only permissible as presented in the conformation show ring.
|Division||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
Owner, That Groomer Guy Mobile Pet Grooming
Teri DiMarino, ICMG, NCMG, ISCCMS, CAH
President, DiMarino & Associates
Lisa Leady, NCMG
Owner, Primp My Pooch Mobile Dog and Cat Salon
Victor Rosado, ICMG, NCMG