Abstract Design Challenge
7:15 am: Check-in and pre-Judging
8:00 am: Contest Starts
9:30 am: Contest Ends / Final Judging
10:00 am: Awards
Special note: Electric will NOT be provided in the contest ring. You must supply your own cordless clippers where applicable.
Contest Time Limit:
All competitors will compete in a single division
The Abstract Design Challenge is intended to underscore the beauty of an “abstract design”, beautifully sculpted with minimal color (no more than 10% on dog/cat) accents and accessories. Judges are looking for stunning sculpting quality and artistry appropriate for a client’s pet. Design should be reproducible in one day in a salon setting. The pet’s coat is the blank canvas for the artistic design and should be groomed in advance with no trace of preset design or sculpted pattern.
- Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat with any coat type may be used.
- Design must be entirely created during the time frame of the competition.
- There should be no trace or a preset design or sculpted pattern in the coat prior to the contest start time.
- Competitors will have 1:30 Hrs. to sculpt design into a pre-groomed/prepared coat.
- Competitors should provide information to the MC, with biographical information and design explanation.
- Competitors with cats may have one assistant to help hold the cat during design sculpting.
- Entries are open to all levels of competitors.
- The judging emphasis is design placement, execution, precision, artistry and overall balance and appeal.
- If color is used on your entry, the color will not be considered in judging.
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|